An intensive course to address the essential skills necessary to be an effective early childhood leader in a 21st-century school. The course spans 2 days and includes afternoon networking and reflection sessions. Edu1st provides highly effective practical training by combining theory sessions with daily access to see the theory in action at our schools. Participants can expect a high level of professionalism and should be prepared to work deeply and collaboratively with their colleagues who come from schools around the world.
This two-day workshop includes daily presentations, interactive workshops, small group sessions and visits to classrooms featuring students and teachers engaged in thinking routines and other strategies to encourage thinking in the classroom. Participants will hear from colleagues and researchers as to the Power of Making Thinking Visible through documentation, Thinking routines, concept maps and the use of the language of thinking in early childhood settings.
The Power of Making Thinking Visible Institute is an opportunity for teachers and school administrators to engage with the ideas associated with Visible Thinking, Culture of Thinking, Artful Thinking and TfU from Project Zero at Harvard University. Although the training is focused on early childhood ages, the theory, routines and strategies used during the presentations and at the schools, are all used in elementary, middle schools and high schools around the world too.
- Learn about Visible Thinking approach and practice thinking routines designed to make students’ thinking visible.
- Hear from experienced colleagues that have been working with the Visible Thinking approach from Harvard University in early childhood settings
- Visit classrooms to see thinking in action
- Explore the cultural forces as leverage points for creating a culture of thinking
- View students’ thinking through gallery walks
- Develop skills in collaborating with colleagues
- Build lasting relationships with colleagues across the world
- Leave with an action plan to implement back home
This conference is intended for early childhood professionals, elementary teachers, and school administrators with a genuine interest in enhancing early childhood education. We highly encourage teams of three or more participants.
Dates and Times:
- Date: September 19-20, 2017
- Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Special requirements: In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete the full 2-day institute.
- Supplemental Materials: All registrants will receive pre-read materials before arriving at the institutes. These readings can typically be completed in a few hours. Handouts will be assigned by the instructors.
- Changes and Challenges of the 21st Century
- The Age of Intelligence
- GPS Education, Neuroscience & Brain-Mind, and Education
- The VESS Model
- PEP, Thinking as a Pedagogical Strategy and tools
- Thinking Routines and The Power of Making Thinking Visible
- Comfort Suites Weston
- 2201 N Commerce Pkwy, Weston, FL 33326
- $300 USD per participant
- School Network Participants: $200 USD
- For Edu1st Preschools Parents: Free
Registration and more information: email@example.com